Massachusetts requires any individual applying for a class A, or an FID card to take a State Police approved safety course from a certified trainer. The most common course offered is the LTC-007 (NRA Home Safety Course), and this is what we teach. There is no shooting component for this class, safe gun handling and general safety knowledge are first and foremost when it comes to firearms. Yes our class is longer than our competitors classes, that’s because we adhear to the states requirements in teaching the full curriculum. Shooting air actuated video games is not part of the curriculum, we don’t sit you in front of a video and walk away, and we give all state required materials for you to take home with you. In other words, you will get what you pay for.
- You will learn about the safe handling of firearms and ammunition.
- You will learn about the various parts of the handgun, the different types of ammunition, and how to properly store them.
- You will learn how to load and unload the most common types of handguns.
- You will learn the Laws pertaining to transportation, storage, and the proper use of a firearm. We will also go over the application process.
- Duration: Approximately 4 – 4.5 hours
- Weekday Cost: $110.00
- Sunday Session Cost: $160.00
- Complete class and receive three gift certificates. A $20 gift certificate off the purchase of a firearm at Four Seasons gunshop in Woburn, a gift certificate for $20 off $150 purchase or more at Collector’s Gallery in Stoneham, and a $30 discount for Handguns 101 or Reloading class from The FSA